We would like to invite all member companies to the Annual General Meeting of the British Bulgarian Business Association.
1. Welcome and introductory remarks by BBBA
Chairman, Mr. John Munnery
2. Welcome by the British Ambassador, H.E. Mrs Emma Hopkins, OBE
3. Activity Report for the period September 15th 2016 to September 15th 2017
4. Scope of 2017-2018 and Budget
5. Financial statements for the period January 2016 – December 2016, and January 2017 – August 2017
6. Release of Board Members from Office and Liability
7. Presentation of Board Member Candidates
8. Secret written vote for Board Members
9. BBBA Awards Ceremony
11. Networking Cocktail
RSVP at email@example.com no later than Thursday, September 21st.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Communications from members in respect of any additional business or motions for submission should be received at the BBBA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than September 10.
For your convenience, we would like to remind you all relevant clauses of the BBBA Statutes.
In accordance with Article VIII of the BBBA Statutes:
RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE MEMBERS
A. VOTING RIGHTS
(1) Members of the Association are entitled to vote and take part in the General Assembly of the Association. Each member shall have equal voting privileges defined as one vote per member.
(2) For voting purposes, the members – legal entities shall appoint two representatives – one delegate and one alternate. Only one of the two voting representatives may vote on any given issue.
(3) All appointments and changes of representatives by a member shall be submitted in writing to Management Board reasonably in advance of the respective session of the General Assembly of the Association.
(9) A Member is entitled to represent no more than 3 (three) other members at any session of the General Assembly under a written power of attorney. The attorney-in-fact is not entitled to re-authorize other persons with its powers.
And Article X B (9) of the Statutes:
“(9) A Member is entitled to represent no more than 3 (three) other members at any session of the General Assembly under a written power of attorney. The attorney-in-fact is not entitled to re-authorize other persons with its powers”.
Therefore, please take note that the member representative attending the meeting to vote should be the Authorised Person (МОЛ) and should bring suitable ID. In case this person is unavailable then the authorised person may appoint a proxy for the purpose of voting at this meeting. In any case where a member is represented at the meeting by a person other than its statutory representative(s), the provision of written power of attorney, essentially in the form attached hereto, evidencing the representative powers of the respective person shall be required.
Board of Directors Elections
Note that there will be 5 vacancies for the BBBA Board of Directors. All candidates for the Board of Director will be able to present themselves at the Annual General Meeting and afterwards 5 people will be chosen by the members through voting.
More information regarding the elections and the candidates for BBBA Board of Directors can be found here.
We are also launching the BBBA Awards with the aim to celebrate the achievements of our members. We believe in the power of sharing good practices and we are looking forward to hearing about your stories of success and to promoting them throughout the BBBA network and beyond.
Applications will be reviewed carefully by the BBBA Board and winners will be announced at the Annual General Meeting.
For more information and awards categories, please click here.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the BBBA office.