The British Chamber of Commerce Philippines (BCCP) in partnership with the British Embassy Manila, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), Makati Business Club (MBC) and Philippine British Business Council (PBBC) is organising a Cross-sector Trade and Investment Mission to Davao City on 30/31 March 2017. The activity aims to explore the business potential and commercial opportunities in Davao City and the rest of Mindanao. Mission delegates are expected to meet key players from the public and private sectors as well as relevant Mindanao-based contacts and potential partners.
WHY DO BUSINESS IN MINDANAO?
Mindanao is open for business. With the rising urbanization in cities like Davao, General Santos, and Cagayan de Oro along with the business opportunities that lie on several sectors particularly on agribusiness, ICT, and infrastructure, there is indeed a large untapped potential in Mindanao for foreign investors and exporters.
- In 2014, Davao alone had the highest regional economic expansion in the Philippines at 9.4%.
- Mindanao’s total exports amounted to $5 billion (2015), of which banana and coconut oil accounted for $1 billion and $750 million respectively.
- Out of the 10 provinces with the highest coconut production in the country, 8 are in Mindanao.
- It is also home to 34 economic zones catering to multiple sectors, providing interested investors/locators with incentives to set up operations.
- Mindanao has a vast and untapped land area that can be developed for commercial and industrial use.
TRAVEL & HOTEL
Participants are advised to book their own flights and accommodation. Suggested hotels for convenient transfer to the Mission venues/ sites are Marco Polo Hotel, The Royal Mandaya Hotel and Apo View Hotel.
MISSION PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS*
Day 1: 30 March
- Courtesy Call to the City Government of Davao
- Sector Briefing and Dialogue with Mindanao Business Groups
- Site Visit to Economic Zones and homegrown industries
Day 2: 31 March
- Trade and Investment Summit at Marco Polo Hotel (open to all interested businesses)**
- Private Sector Meetings/ Business Matching with Mindanao-based businesses
- Business Networking
*Details of activities being finalized **All businesses across sectors are invited to join the Summit. For non-Trade Mission delegates, registration fee will apply
Participation fee per delegate is Php10,000 only (approximately £160). This rate does not include accommodation and airfare. The fee will cover attendance to all Mission activities/ highlights as well as Car/ Van service throughout the Mission.
Slots are limited. Closing date for confirming intention to join: 10 March 2017
To register, please complete the registration form https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MindanaoTradeMission
To enquire, please contact BritCham Philippines through
Rona Diaz | Project Manager Phone: +63 2 556 5232 local 301 E-mail: email@example.com
You can find the flyer below.