About the position:
Joining our Indirect Tax team, you'll be a part of integrated team helping leading organizations to move goods and services around the world more effectively. You'll combine your technical skills and practical experience across industries and geographies to provide tailored advice to clients. This will include identifying risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. You'll advise clients on VAT treatment of new and complex transactions and help resolve classification or other disputes and issues with the authorities.
You must build a deep understanding of the Customs Law and European Value Added Tax and its practical application across the countries. You will be identifying and discussing VAT considerations for clients to be aware of in their outbound investments. Engaging with colleagues in overseas offices to deliver VAT advice in respect of global jurisdictions will be part of your responsibilities.
You must be able to build strong client relationships & excellently communicate in a range of situations in both written and oral English. You should also be able to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards. You are expected to be a client focused and commercially aware team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels. You must also possess project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget. You should also be able to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
Expertise in customs and excise duties would be an advantage.
- Candidate must possess LL.M. in Law, EU Law, Tax law or Economics
- Strong verbal and written English
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Good team player
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Demonstrates strong financial analytical skills and a good command of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Meticulous in document management, meeting deadlines and able to effectively prioritize;
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Enthusiastic, confident and display excellent communication skills with other team members and clients
- Helps clients by drawing up international tax advice
- Writes petitions and objections to the tax authorities
- Acts as the point of contact for (international) clients on the files
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.