About the Position:
We, at Teach for Bulgaria, believe that people are the most valuable resource to help bring about positive change in our lives and to contribute to every child’s access to quality education which would allow them to realise their full potential. This is why we offer a leadership and professional development program which allows motivated university graduates and professionals with different backgrounds to deepen their understanding of education in Bulgaria and to gain the skills and knowledge it takes to improve its quality.
All participants in Teach for Bulgaria’s leadership and professional development program receive professional training and support to become teachers to students from vulnerable communities for a period of two years. This experience allows them to get a deep, first-hand understanding of the challenges and areas of improvement in our complex education system. After the successful completion of the program, our alumni remain committed to our mission by contributing towards a positive change in Bulgarian education through the perspective of any career path they choose to pursue. Some of the professional areas our alumni choose to focus on include effective teaching, school leadership, social entrepreneurship, public policy, etc.
Every participant in Teach for Bulgaria’s program makes the commitment to work as a teacher for a period of two years. Working with students, parents, fellow teachers, principals, and community stakeholders is the best way for our participants to deepen their understanding of education in Bulgaria. This is the only way for them to find the most effective solutions which would lead to positive change.
Our participants develop their own school and community projects during the two-year program. This allows for some extracurricular activities with the students and helps teachers develop their planning and organizational skills giving them access to a network of external partners who can support their work.
All participants in our program have additional ongoing training during their two years in the classroom. This ongoing training is based on our participants’ professional needs and areas of improvement.
- Bachelor degree (in any subject) obtained no later than 1 September 2021
- Fluency in Bulgarian language
- Willingness and motivation to work as a teacher during the two-year period of the program in Bulgaria
- Previous teaching experience is not necessary.
Why you should join us:
- You will have the opportunity to work directly towards overcoming a great unfairness in our society - education inequity and the lack of access to quality education for unprivileged children from poor background.
- Teaching helps participants develop a variety of skills which would be useful in their career development, whether they choose to stay in the profession or pursue a different path. According to the World Economic Forum, some of these skills are crucial for professional success in the 21st century – decision making, emotional intelligence, coordination, people management, creativity, critical thinking, and complex problem solving.
- As a participant you will receive quality training for effective teaching developed by Teach for Bulgaria which is recognised by the Ministry of education and science of Bulgaria.
- If you do not have any formal teaching qualification, we will cover all expenses for your qualificaiton in a Bulgarian partner university.
- You will receive individual mentorship and support from experienced teachers, coaches and our wider alumni community.
- There is financial support available for all participants during the preliminary summer training (July-August 2021).
- As a participant you will join a community of over 500 education change-makers and a global network of over 60 organizations across 6 continents - "Teach for All"
Applications are now open. Please visit our website for further information and to fill in your application form. Deadline: 25th March 2021.